Mindmapping is a useful way of overviewing what you have read and showing connections between ideas. You could start by doing a broad mindmap for your whole topic and then break it down into smaller mindmaps for the different areas you have read about.
Creating a mind map
- Make sure your paper is in landscape format to give your more room for your map.
- Place the main topic in the centre of the page in a circle or a box
- Add branches from the main topic, use a different colour for each branch
- Write a keyword or draw an image on the branch to signify the keyword
- Add smaller branches with ideas and thoughts
- Show any links between branches
- Continue to add related links to the keywords and any further thoughts that you might have.