Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
#AcBookWeek 4 – 9 March 2019
A celebration of the diversity, innovation and influence of academic books
What is Academic Book Week?
Academic Book Week (#AcBookWeek) is a week-long celebration of the diversity, variety and influence of academic books throughout history run by the Booksellers Association. #AcBookWeek is returning for a fourth year from 4-9 March 2019.
#AcBookWeek aims to:
- Increase awareness of the academic book (particularly the arts and humanities academic book), engaging media and alerting policy-makers to its importance as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the UK
- Make the academic book more accessible to a wider general audience
- Promote the skills and services of bookshops and libraries
- Promote the processes and skills of creating an academic book by both academics and publishers
- Open up opportunities for conversation and collaboration between publishers, booksellers, librarians, and researchers
- Extend the debate about the Academic Book of the Future for The Academic Book of the Future Project
- Enhance the wider debate about the value of arts and humanities research in the UK
What not give one of these books a try?
Library & Learning Services
World Book Day .... 7th March