Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who have just completed their A-levels and those who are returning to study after a break, and is very flexible in delivery.
Each course runs 9.30 - 12.30 and 1.30 - 4.15 daily (two days total).
What does the course cover?
Over the course of 2 days at University of Suffolk, we will work with you to explore the following:
Developing as an independent learner
- What can you expect as an undergraduate
- How we learn: learning preferences and effective learning techniques
- Balancing your time
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Making use of feedback, and self evaluation
- Preparing for lectures and seminars
- Additional academic and personal support from University of Suffolk
Getting started with written assignments:
- How to structure different types of assignment
- What is the assignment asking you to do?
- Do’s and don’ts of academic writing style
- Techniques for planning and structuring the content
Finding information: knowing what you need to know – and finding it:
- Evaluating and using different information types
- Understanding reading lists and references
- Techniques for finding information sources
- Organising, managing and presenting information
- Principles of academic integrity
- Using technology to enhance your learning