How to Create a Submission Point
This tutorial is a point of reference for the benefit of course administrators, or administrators at our partner institutions who have responsibility for the setting up of assignment submission points. If you are a lecturer on a course with a designated course administrator, please speak to your course administrator if you need any submission points set up.
1. Navigate to the Assignments area, by selecting ‘Assessment’ from the navbar and choosing ‘Assignments’.
2. Click 'New Assignment'
3. In the 'Instructions' area, please refer to 'Standard Wording for Brightspace Submission Folders' (Found HERE) and amend if necessary.
4. 'Assignment Type' will generally be 'Individual Assignment'. 'Submission Type' will generally be 'File Submission' and 'Files Allowed Per Submission', should generally be set to Unlimited.
5. Under 'Submission', select 'Only the most recent submission is kept'.
6. Choose the right category for the assignment, if necessary,
7. 'Score Out Of' should generally be set to 100.
8. IMPORTANT: Set the grade item for the assignment. If this is a summative assignment, it will need a grade item. A grade item is the link between an assignment and the gradebook, which is used for final grades, If you need to set up a new grade item, follow the steps on this tutorial to do so: How to Create a Grade Item
9. Anonymous Marking is mandatory for all summative assessments from January 2021. To do this, make sure that 'Hide student names during assessment' is ticked.
10. Leave the other options as they are. It is important that 'Make annotation tools available for assessment' is selected so that lecturers can give feedback within Brightspace itself.
11. Back at the top of the page, move to the 'Restrictions' tab.
12. Make sure that 'Hide from Users' is not selected.
13. Set the Due Date in accordance with the Module Specification
14. Set the Start Date. This is generally fourteen days before the due date.
15. Set the End Date. This is generally three days after the due date.
16. Move to the Turnitin tab.
17. Check the box for 'Enable GradeMark' for this folder. You will need to wait a few seconds while Brightspace syncs with Turnitin before the rest of the options become available.
18. Leave the 'Transfer' option as normal.
19. Check the box for 'Enable Originality Checks for this folder'
20. Make sure that the box for 'Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores in their submission folder' is unchecked. (Students do not see their similarity reports for final submissions).
21. For 'Frequency', leave it as it is.
22. Select 'Save and Close'.
You should see the assignment under the 'Assignment' tab. The symbols next to it indicate that it has Anonymous Marking and Turnitin enabled.