Promoting Engagement With Intelligent Agents
One way of keeping on top of student engagement is to automate reminders to students using the Intelligent Agents tool.
This tool records the names of students that have / haven't met certain conditions - such as accessing your module in the last week or viewing a particular content topic - and can also email them if necessary.
Some possible use cases include:
- Students automatically receive an email thanking them for five contributions to a discussion forum
- Students who have not logged in for one week receive an email reminding them to do so
- To point students towards a particularly important topic if they have not viewed it yet
- To remind students who haven’t completed certain activities to do so before their next face-to-face session
- To provide further prompts or remediation for students based on quiz scores
- Without using emails to students, they can be used as an automated reporting tool for you (for example, as a way of seeing who has passed with flying colours on all assessments)
To see how to use this tool, please look at the interactive guide below.