Adding descriptions to folders and topics in Brightspace is one of the main ways that you can make the module more accessible for students. It’s an important step, but is often overlooked.
They can be used to provide context or instructions for students. With folders, it's a good idea to give your students a sense of how long it may take them to work through the materials.
A video tutorial is located just below, and text instructions with screenshots below that.
1. Select ‘Content’ from the navbar in your module.
2. In the sidebar, select the folder to which you’d like to add the description. Here, I have chosen the folder ‘Week 1’.
3. Select ‘Add a description’. This will load the HTML editor.
4. Add the description text in the HTML editor.
5. Add an image. This is useful because the image will display as a thumbnail for the folder on the module homepage.
6. Select ‘Update’.