Adding descriptions to folders and topics in Brightspace is one of the main ways that you can make the module more accessible for students. It’s an important step, but it’s often overlooked.
They can be used to provide context or instructions for students.
1. Select ‘Content’ from the navbar of the module.
2. In the sidebar, select the folder that contains the topic to which you wish to add a description.
3. Select the topic for which you wish to edit the description.
4. Scroll to the bottom. Select where it says 'add a description'.
5. Type your description in the HTML editor.
6. Select 'Update'.
1. Within the 'Content' area, find the topic for which you want to add a description. Select the dropdown menu next to it.
2. Select 'Edit properties in place'.
3. As before, select 'Add a description', write your description in the HTML editor, and select 'Update'.
1. Within the Content area, go to the folder containing the topics for which you wish to add a description. Select the 'Bulk Edit' button.
2. You can then select each 'Add a description field', enter the description in the HTML editor, and select 'Update' for each one. When you're finished, select the 'Done Editing' button.