Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the RefWorks guide. This page will help you with getting your existing references into RefWorks.
Have questions regarding the new RefWorks or need some technical support? Contact our Digital Learning Team for help.
Telephone: 01473 338700
Getting your Existing References into RefWorks
How to Import Your RefWorks Database into your new Refworks account
You can import your references and file attachments from RefWorks into your new Refworks account with the click of a button! It will also import any personal styles you have created as well as your folders and put them into your new Refworks account. Note: If you have multiple file attachments in a single reference, each file attachment will be imported as a single document.
1. Click on the "add" and select “Import References”.
2. Click on the RefWorks button in the “import directly from your current reference manager area”. icon in Refworks
3. You’ll be asked to “authorize” to your RefWorks account so you will need to enter your old RefWorks login details.
4. Your items will be imported into Refworks
5. Your research will appear in the recent area of your Refworks account,