Our Customer Services Charter sets out how we will deliver on our purpose and aims. It details what you can expect from us, and how you can help us to achieve these aims.
Our commitment to you
- Provide a friendly, responsive & professional service.
- Treat you with dignity and respect at all times and in a fair and consistent way.
- Provide high quality service and support during our opening hours.
- Provide 24/7 access to online resources and information.
- Strive to create a welcoming, inclusive, safe, and accessible environment in which you can work.
- Provide a range of different working spaces, to suit your individual preferences.
- Provide equipment (eg. computers, printers, copiers, binding machines etc.) that meets your needs.
- Provide relevant and accurate information on our services and resources, and any changes to these, in a timely manner.
- Make available high quality information resources relevant to your course of study.
- Work in partnership with academic and other support staff to develop your academic, information, research, and digital literacy skills.
- Train and develop our staff appropriately so that they continue to deliver a quality service.
- Engage with students, staff, and the wider community to ensure that we meet your needs and expectations.
- Use information gathered from enquiries, complaints, feedback and surveys, and usage data to help inform & continually improve our services.
We ask you to
- Respect library materials, property and spaces, staff, and your fellow library users.
- Look after the library environment, by using the bins provided to help keep it tidy.
- Abide by our policies for Borrowing and Eating & Drinking and follow the expected behaviour in our different zones.
- Return or renew the library materials you borrow on time, pay any overdue or replacement charges as requested.
- Be vigilant with your own property.
- Carry your University of Suffolk card with you whenever you visit the library and not lend it to anyone else.
- Ask Library & Learning Services staff whenever you need assistance.
- Check your email account regularly and respond to library communications.
- Give us feedback - telling us what we are doing well and where we could improve.