What do I need to do?
Course administrators support the creation of assignment submissions and subsequently turning on Tii and any 'draft' requirements.
If you do not have a Course Administrator, you can follow these steps below to turn on Turnitin and enable drafts to be submitted as part the submission process:
- Whilst creating an 'Assignment' click the 'Turnitin' tab at the top of the page.
- Check the box 'Enable GradeMark for this folder'
- Check the box 'Enable Originality Check for this folder'
- Check the box allowing students to see their score
- Once you have checked the box 'Enable Originality Check for this folder' when creating an assignment, you will need to click the 'More Options in Turnitin' button.
- Click the 'Optional Settings' button in the window that opens.
- Click the first optional drop down box and select the 'Do not store the submitted papers'
- Please note that 'draft' assignments should not be tied to a 'Grade Item' in the assignment creation process, only summative assignments should be linked.
Additional Guidance on the use of TurnItIn can be found here:
Instructor Quick Start Guide
Understanding the Similarity Report
Using the TurnItIn Feedback Studio